SPREAD THE WORD – DONATE – GIVE YOUR TIME
The countdown is on! Tuesday, December 1 is #GivingTuesday and Behind the Book has joined this global day of giving with a campaign to support our literacy programs. Whether you volunteer, donate, spread the word, or attend an event – every little bit helps.
Our aim this year is to raise $5,000 by December 1 – the cost of a full literacy program for one class. In the weeks leading up to #GivingTuesday, we will share stories about the books that inspired our authors, teachers, volunteers, and students to love reading.
Join the movement leading up to December 1. Here are eight ways you can help today:
- Donate to Behind the Book on Dec.1! Our goal is $5,000. Help us fund a class of 30 students with art supplies, field trips, author visits, and books over the course of one semester.
- Dine at our partner restaurants in Brooklyn and Harlem on Dec. 1. They will donate a percentage of your bill to BtB literacy programs.
- Become a BtB volunteer! We are always looking to connect our students with adults from all walks of life through our classroom volunteer opportunities.
- Attend our next KGB Bar Reading Series and learn more about our organization while listening to great literary authors.
- Contact us to host an author reading or read-a-thon to benefit Behind the Book.
- Like our page on Facebook and answer the question: What book inspired you to love reading? Join us on Twitter (@Behind-the-Book) and tweet the image below to share this campaign with all your followers.
- Tell your friends to get involved on #GivingTuesday by signing up for our newsletter and sharing stories like the one below.
- Email this post to five friends who love reading and helping others!